August 2015 Favourites




Since I was away in July I didn't have a July Favourites so this post will also serve as my Summer Favourites. It's going to be a big one. I'm including products that I used while I was travelling as well as products I got while I was in the UK (some other products from the UK I am still trying so you'll probably find them in another monthly favourites post).

Soap and Glory Solar Bronzer
This is a beautiful natural looking bronzer that makes me look really sunkissed and healthy. It has two different colours, a lighter more glowy side and a darker more matte side. The packaging is also really cute.
Sleek Face Contour Kit
This is actually the first contour kit I've owned so I wanted to try something a little less expensive. I'm actually really impressed with it. The contour isn't too orange so it looks really natural and the highlight is intense and beautiful. I actually like it a lot more than I ever thought I would.
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
This might be my favourite drugstore concealer ever. It's so creamy and has a really high coverage but it blends out really well. People have talked about this concealer for ages and I can finally agree that it's worth the hype.
Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer
This months favourites is really concealer heavy, sorry. I picked this up when I was in the UK and was so thoroughly impressed. It has two shades, one more yellow toned and one that's more pink. It also includes a powder to set the concealers because they are thick and will crease without setting, however the coverage is amazing!
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser
Last concealer, I promise. This is another drugstore concealer that I've heard so much about and I understand why. It is great at getting rid of under-eye circles, it's really lightweight and doesn't crease or feel cakey at all.
Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream
This is what I used while I was on my holiday. It has an SPF of 35 so it kept me from getting burnt but it also feels really natural on my skin. It's a little dark for me during the rest of the year but with a bit of a summer tan, it's perfect.
Zoella Candy Cream Softening Body Lotion
I'm a fan of Zoe's youtube channel so I was anxious to pick up some of the products from her line while I was in the UK. This body lotion smells really nice and I like the bursting beads. It leaves my skin feeling nice and soft.
Teeez Read My Lips Lipstick in Killing me Softly
I got this lipstick in an Ipsy bag. It's a light coral colour. The formula is matte but it's comfortable and lasts pretty well. I wore this a lot on my trip so I thought it deserved a spot on my favourites list.
Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk
This is one expensive lip liner but I'm so happy with it. It's super long lasting and a really natural dusty rose/nude colour. Because it is so expensive I usually wear it on it's own to show off the colour. I'll wear it with just a little bit of lip balm to keep my lips from being too dry. 
Soap and Glory Archery 
This is a brow pencil and pen combined. The pen is good at filling in sparse areas and the pencil gives your brows good shape. It's also the perfect colour for me which is lucky because there wasn't a lot of options.
ByTerry Ombre Blackstar in Misty Rock (5)
Another huge splurge item but so worth it! This shadow pencil is so shimmery and blendable but once it dries into place it doesn't budge all day! I did an eyeshadow look with this, you can find it here.
L'Oreal Lumiere Shadow in 502 Quartz Fume 
I love the formulation and the wavy imprint on this shadow is just gorgeous. It a drier formula, not quite as creamy as other shadows but the pigmentation is amazing. It's also a nice taupe colour.
L'Oreal Nude Shadow in 201 Cafe Saint Germain
This is a beautiful champagne shadow but it's the formulation that is really impressive. It's really creamy. It feels more like a pressed pigment.
Seventeen Eye eye shadow in Rose Quarz
I absolutely love the colour of this shadow. It's a pinkish-purple. It's really pigmented and creamy, yet it was really inexpensive. I've been wearing these last 3 shadows together a lot in the last month.

What have you been loving this month?

Don't forget to follow me on:

Leave a Comment

  1. I love the look of the Solar Powder and the Kick Ass Concealer!

    Tia | at0ut.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely products! I've been loving my new MAC foundation which i discovered 2 months ago.
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard lots of good things about MAC foundations. I'll have to try one sometime!

      Delete
  3. Lovely favourites, I really want to try the kick ass concealer :) xx
    Chasing Belle

    ReplyDelete