August Ipsy Bag




My last Ipsy bag review! It's kind of sad really. I've enjoyed recieving these Ipsy bags the last 12 months but I will not be renewing my subscription. I'll soon be putting together a post reviewing the entire 12 months of the service- the good, the bad and whether I think it's worth your money to sign up. But for now here's my final August Ipsy Bag review!
The actual bag this month is not to my taste. It's plastic with a black and white design and a hot pink zipper. But like most of the other bags, it feels well made. As for the contents of the bag, this month was pretty average.

Briogeo Blossom & Bloom ginseng + biotin volumizer
Briogeo was one of the brands I got in my first Ipsy bag so it feels fitting that I received another item from them in my last bag. I really like their hair products and this one in particular smells amazing, very floral. I have a lot of volumizing sprays but my hair is so limp I can never have too many. I'm very happy with it. This is a mini but full size retails for $18.

Lord & Berry Nude Lipliner
This is a really great lipliner. It's long lasting and not too drying on the lips, however this is not nude on me. I am really fair so this is very brown on my lips but on people with a darker complexion this would be beautiful. This is a mini size but the full size retails for $18.

Starlooks Pro Luxe Longwear Eyeliner Pen
This is apparently a new product. The pen isn't the easiest for application as it's really stiff, but it's fairly long-lasting. It's not matte which is my preference but it still looks really good. This is a full size product and it retails for $19.

OZ Naturals Amino Herbal Hydration Mask
This is unlike the other hydration masks I've tried as you actually need to wash this one off. I will need to use it longer before I will be able to see the results, but so far I really like it and my skin seems more hydrated. This is a mini size but the full size retails for $21.99.

Hikari Salsa Lip Gloss
This bright red lip gloss is amazing! Definitely my favourite product in this month's bag. It so pigmented, shiny and long-lasting (it lasted through dinner!). It actually leaves a stain on my lips once the gloss is gone so it wears off evenly. It does have a really unpleasant smell when applying but the scent goes away quickly and it's tasteless. It's full size and retails for $13.

I've enjoyed writing these monthly Ipsy bag reviews and I hope you've enjoyed reading them. I'll have my overall Ipsy review coming up soon!

Also it's my Birthday today so my next post on Monday will be "What I got for my Birthday".

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment