Top 5 Drugstore Buys




These are the top 5 things I recommend buying from the drugstore. On Wednesday I'll have my top 5 high end buys.

RealTechniques Your Eyes/Enhanced Starter Set
Real Techniques is one of my all time favourite brush brands. The quality is unbelievable for the price. This kit has everything you would need to do your eyes especially if you're a beginner to eye makeup. It comes with a deluxe crease brush which I find is perfect for blending out eyeshadow, a base shadow brush which is my favourite for applying shadow all over the lid, an accent brush which is my least used out of the set, a fine liner brush which is a totally holy grail brush for me and finally a brow brush. In Canada this set can be found at Walmart or London Drugs for only $20, everyone should pick it up.

L'Oreal Color Infaillible 
I believe this is the best eyeshadow availiable at the drugstore. As a pressed pigment it is obviously very pigmented and it gives a shiny, almost wet look to the lid. I find it lasts all day even without a primer and I'm especially crazy about this colour.

Maybelline Gel Liner
Gel liner has replaced pencil as my favourite type of eyeliner. It lasts longer and looks more sophisticated. This one from Maybelline is especially great.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation
This is my all time favourite foundation from the drugstore. It gives my usually dry/dull skin lots of radiance. If you have normal to dry skin and are going to buy foundation from the drugstore I would really recommend this one. It has a little bit of shimmer so I don't know how great it would be on oily skin. And if you need any more reasons to pick it up, it also smells great and is cheaper than lots of other drugstore foundations.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains
Unlike the the writing on the packaging which rubs off really easily, this is a really long lasting lip stain. I have mine in the colour Honey and I find it is the perfect colour for everyday wear. It's super easy to apply, I don't even need to use a mirror. It also feels very moisturizing on the lips.

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment