Summer Beauty Haul




I've picked up a few beauty items this Summer and I thought I would share them all with you in a haul post. These are items I got between June and August including some Birthday presents. Since I've been using some of these products for a while. I have some mini reviews to go along each product.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
I'll start with my favourite product I got this summer. This was a birthday gift from my parents and I have been wearing it every day since. It's seriously makeup changing.
The first powder, Dim Light, is perfect for setting your makeup all over the face because it isn't shimmery but it gives your face the most natural glow while minimizing pores. The middle shade, Incandescent Light, is actually my least favorite of the three. It has tiny flecks of micro-glitter which makes it a nice highlighter. The final shade, Radiant Light, I have been loving using as a bronzer topper. I wear it around the perimeter of my face on top of a matte bronzer and it makes it look like I have a nice natural tan. I'm totally in love with this palette.
Din Light, Incandescent Light, Radiant Light
Annabelle Stay Sharp Self Sharpening Waterproof Lip liner in Vintage
This is a great lip liner from a Canadian brand I don't give enough love to. This liner is self-sharpening which is totally amazing as you can always be assured you'll get a sharp precise line. This colour Vintage, is also great for going under so many of my darker pink lipsticks.

Ardell Demi Wispies
After hearing so many bloggers talk about these lashes I just had to try them for myself. Applying lashes is definitely still a weakness of mine but I like how they look. Dramatic, but not too dramatic. You can see me wearing them here.

L.A Girl Glazed Lip Paint in Blushing
I picked up this inexpensive lip colour this summer. It is a really lovely, pigmented colour. The formula is super wet and since it's in a squeeze tube with no real good applicator, I would strongly suggest applying this with a lip brush (i.e. paint the colour on). It stays fairly wet and doesn't dry down very much which makes it prone to smudging so I wouldn't suggest eating with it on.

Marc Jacobs Sephora Birthday Gift
For this years Beauty Insider birthday gift from Sephora you got a choice of this Marc Jacobs duo or a Fresh Skincare set. I obviously went for the makeup and I've quickly become obsessed with this lipstick. It is one of the most comfortable lipsticks I've ever worn. It's not matte so it has a bit of a slip but it's super long-lasting, even through eating. Plus this shade, 216 Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is gorgeous.
The liner is also super creamy and opaque, and it is the most long lasting pencil eye liner I've tried.

Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Liner in Eggplant
I've talked about my love for the Maybelline Gel Liners before so I'll keep this brief. The colour is very nice. It has a bit of a shimmer but it's a dark purple so it's more natural looking than you'd think.

Did you pick up any new products this summer?

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment