May Favourites




I had quite a few favourites even though I didn't find myself wearing much makeup this month.

LIPS


My first favourite was a product I bought specifically to match the rest of my makeup for a wedding. I was and continue to be a big  fan of the Rimmel Apocalips. They are very smooth and pigmented as well as long lasting. I ended up wearing this many more times after the wedding. The colour I have is 201 Solstice. I'm not usually a fan of shimmery lip products but this one is just gorgeous.

EYES

The next is a product I had heard a lot of hype about and have wanted to try for a long time. I finally picked up a L'Oreal Color Infaillible eyeshadow in 033 Tender Caramel and I am obsessed. I have worn it pretty much everyday since I got it. The formula of these is way better than anything I'd ever expect from the drugstore. As it is a loose pigment, the pigmentation is obviously incredible but what impressed me the most was how long it lasted, even without primer, on my lids without creasing. I could wear this upwards of 10hrs without it starting to look bad. It gives my eyes a beautiful shine, almost wet look that I LOVE! I might like these even better than the Maybelline Color Tattoo for staying power. I am definitely going to be picking up many more of these.

CHEEKS

I naughtily picked up another blush at the beginning of this month. This is the NYX Cream Blush in CB08 Hot Pink. It looks really scary and intimidating but once it's on it is the perfect natural looking blush for me. I tend to get quite red so the brightness matches my natural blush shade perfectly. I just apply a few dabs of this on each cheek and blending it in with my fingers. I end up with a healthy looking glow. As it is a cream product it lasts a lot longer than most regular powdered blushes especially if set with powder.

FACE

In the summer I prefer not to wear heavy foundations and instead lean towards tinted moisturizers or BB creams. I started using the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB this month and I really like it. For the price it does it's job well. The colouring runs a little orange which is alright for summer but it would probably not be a good colour match for me in the winter. The SPF 30 is a nice plus. There is not much coverage which is to be expected with a BB cream but it does a good job at blurring imperfections and reducing any redness.

SKINCARE

I got the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Polish as a sample from Sephora and have been absolutely loving it! I have always been wary with cleansers and have never go anywhere near a facial exfoliater because my skin is so sensitive but this has not caused me any problems. The exfoliating beads are small and gentle so my skin isn't irritated and it leaves my skin feeling so soft and clean. It's especially good at fixing my dry patches which greatly improves how my makeup looks. The only downside is it smells a little like dirt. I still plan on purchasing a full size when this one runs out.

NAILS

My last beauty favourite is a nail polish from Pure Ice in the colour Home Run. This nail polish is about $2 at Walmart and I like it better than a lot of my higher end brands. The formula is long lasting and very opaque. I'm in love with the colour and have barely worn another nail polish this month.





Leave a Comment

Post a Comment