Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette Review and Eyeshadow Look





I use my Naked Basics palette daily. It is probably my favourite palette that I own. I consists of 5 matte shadows and 1 satin highlighter shadow. As is to be expected with Urban Decay the shadows are buttery, pigmented and very easy to blend. A variety of looks can be made using the 6 shadows from a natural day time look to a smokey eye. The packaging is very sleek and skinny making it perfect for travel with a mirror that is a very usable size.  My favourites and most used form the palette are Venus- my all time favourite highlight shadow, Naked 2- a perfect natural crease definer and Faint- I use it to fill in my eyebrows. (Foxy can also be found in the Naked 2 palette.)



Urban Decay Descriptions:
Venus- off white, satin
Foxy- cream bisque, matte
Walk of Shame- very light nude, matte
Naked 2- taupe, matte
Faint- warm dusty brown, matte
Crave- dark brown/black, matte


Swatches:
Venus, Foxy, Walk of Shame, Naked 2, Faint, Crave


Easy Naked Basics Eyeshadow Look


This is a simple and sophisticated eyeshadow look that can be done in minutes and only uses the Naked Basics palette. I started with the Urban Decay Primer Potion all over my lid to make my shadows last longer. I then used W.O.S all over from lid to browbone to even out my skin tone and minimize the appearance of any veins. I then took my M.A.C 217 brush and starting at the outer corner by my lashline, I started blending Faint into my outer V. I concentrated most of the colour in the outer edges only taking the excess from my brush into the crease. I kept applying and blending until I got my desired look. By applying and blending more you could get a smokey eye or by applying less a very natural day look. I stopped somewhere in the middle. Once I was happy with my crease, I took the colour Venus and with a Real Techniques base shadow brush I applied it to the rest of my lid. I also used Venus as a brow and inner tear duct highlight.
I finished off with liquid liner (I used Rimmel Exaggerate), brown eyeliner to tightline my upper rims (UD 24/7 in Demolition), and mascara (L`Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Excess).




This palette can be found at http://www.urbandecay.com/urban-decay/eye-makeup/naked-basics/355.html

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment