February Ipsy Bag




The theme of this months bag was obviously love for Valentine's Day. The bag is really cute and pink and like all of Ipsy's bags, quite usable. I'm going to have a nice collection of makeup bags from this service. Overall I wasn't very impressed by the products I got in my bag this month but I'll start with my favourite.

Model co Blush in 01 Cosmopolitan 
I was really impressed with this blush. It's pigmented, blendable and finely milled. The colour is perfect for me. It's a gorgeous ballerina pink and it's completely matte. You get a decent amount of blush too. I'm not entirely sure if this is a full size product but the full size retails for $22 so not a cheap product.
L- Blush, R-Lip Stain
City Color Creamy Lip Stain in Flirtini
I really wanted to like this Lip Stain more than I do. Honestly I can't get over the smell. It smells heavily of chemicals and it gave me a headache almost immediately. The colour is really pretty and suites me well. It's a matte gloss that is supposed to turn into a stain. It reminds me a lot of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. Those smell a lot better though so I would leave this product and go for NYX. This Lip Stain retails for $5.

Mitchell and Peach Fine Radiance Face Oil

Here's another product that has a scent problem. This is a face oil but it has enough fragrance it could be a perfume. Now it smells really pretty but I can't wear it on my face without sneezing. The oil itself is nice, it hydrates well and sinks in really fast. This is a really high end brand so I was surprised to find it in my Ipsy bag. The full size retails for $57 but we got a half sized sample (10 ml) which makes it worth approximately $28!!! I want to find another way to use it because I don't want it to go to waste.

eva-nyc Up all Night Volumizing Spray

This was actually a good product. It volumizes hair and protects it from the heat. I know I've been quite sensitive to scents in this post but I don't have a problem with the smell of this. I have a lot of other volumizing sprays but this will be good for travel. It's sample sized but the full size retails for $24.

Emite Eyelash Curler

I haven't been able to bring myself to use these and I don't know if I ever will. Although they are supposedly expensive, they feel really cheap. I'm scared they'll cut my lashes off as they are sharp. I think I'll just stick with my Sephora curlers for now. These retail for $25.

Overall I was a little disappointing in the bag this month, however this month's bag was worth approx. $83. The service is only $10 per month so it seems like a good deal.

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment