October 2016 Ipsy




It's another Ipsy post today. I promise I have more exciting posts coming up but I wanted to make sure I got a chance to share what I got in my October Ipsy Bag. It was a good one this month.
I'll start with the bag. It's Halloween themed as you can probably guess. There's lots of ghosts, magic potions and spell-books decorating the bag. The bag is also a metallic pink. However the zipper on the bag broke off after only a couple of uses which is sad because it was in the shape of a really cute ghost.

Pure Brazilian Miracle Leave-in-Conditioner with Keratin
I have to say I'm getting a little tired of receiving leave-in-conditioners in my bags. This one is fine but nothing too special. It's not replacing any of my multitude of other leave-in-conditioners. I got a sample size but this retails for $26.

Indi Beauty Buttercream Antioxidant Lip Scrub
I actually really liked this lip scrub. It's really sweet and smells and tastes nice. It's a sugar scrub so it's good at exfoliating but there is also a lot of oil in it so your lips are left feeling really moisturized and smooth. It retails for $11.99.

Noyah Lipstick- Smoke
I've recieved a sample of their lipstick before and I really like the formula. It's very confortable and opaque. However the colour I received has purple/grey undertones which combined with my fair skin kind of makes me look dead. The other shades are great though. It retails for $18.

NudeStix Concealer Pencil- Light 2
I was most excited for this product. I had heard a lot about this brand but had never tried anything from it. I was impressed with this concealer. Since it's in pencil form I thought it would be less creamy than it is. It has good coverage and can be blended out quite easily. I would only use this to spot conceal as it's a bit thick for under the eyes. The full size retails for $28 and I'm a little confused if this is full size or not as the stick says it's 0.088oz but Sephora lists full size as 0.05oz so...?

theBalm Hot Mama Blush
I love powders from theBalm, their Mary-Lou Manizer highlight is one of my favourites and their eyeshadow formula is great so I was excited about this blush and was not disappointed. It's a beautiful peachy-pink with gold shimmer. Thankfully a little goes a long way as this is a crazy small sample size. (The packaging is super cute though). Full size retails for $20.


Leave a Comment

Post a Comment