Target Haul and First Impressions




As anyone who lives in Canada knows, Target Canada went bankrupt and is pulling all of their stores out of the True North. This means my access to brands such as Sonia Kashuk and E.L.F is no longer just a few blocks away so I have a final haul of the things I picked up before we loose Target forever. I've only been using these products for a few days but I can give you my first impressions.

E.L.F
Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder in St. Lucia
I had hear a lot about this duo as a dupe for Nars Orgasm and Laguna. I wasn't expecting much since it was only $3 but I'm pretty impressed. While these aren't the most finely milled powders, their pigmentation and blendability is good. 

Long-Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in Soiree 
This has a weird gel like texture and a ton of glitter so I wouldn't wear it as an all over the lid eyeshadow however I've been loving using on my lowerlash line. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this product yet. It needs some more testing.

Lip Exfoliator
I had heard this was one of the best lip exfoliators so I needed to try it and I wasn't disappointed. While I'll always love my Lush Lip scrub, this is a good, cheap alternative. I like how it comes in the form of a lipstick as it's a lot less messy. It exfoliates well and tastes really sweet. It feels much higher quality than the $3 I paid for it.
Sonia Kashuk
Eye on Neutral Shimmer 03
This palette is amazing! I went in looking to get the Eye on Neutral Matte palette but they were sold out so I took this one instead and I'm very happy I did. Although this was more expensive for the drugstore ($19.99), it's worth every penny as it feels high-end. The shadows are pigmented, blendable and long-lasting with little to no fallout. It only confirms my need to get my hands on the matte palette. I'll do a full review of this palette soon.

All Covered up Concealer in 01 Porcelain
This is a full coverage concealer. It's creamy but a little slippery so I wouldn't suggest it for under the eyes as it tends to crease if not set with powder. The packaging seems very high end but you don't get much product for the price. I need more time to use this product before I come up with a fully formed opinion on it but so far it seems good.

Velvety Matte Lip Crayon in 06 Berry Nude
I like this lip crayon as it's fairly creamy and it seems fairly long lasting. I love the colour, it's a great MLBB. My problem is that this is a matte pencil but there are lots of little shimmers in the product. While it still looks matte on the lips, I'm really not pleased with the shimmer.

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment