Wet & Wild Comfort Zone Palette Review + Eyeshadow Look




Wet & Wild Comfort Zone Palette
I haven't reviewed this palette on my blog before but I really believe it is the best drugstore palette out there. I listed it as the most versatile in my Perfect Palette Tag post which you can read here. The Wet and Wild shadows are generally very pigmented and blendable. Much higher quality than you would expect from the $5 price tag. The shades are labeled by how you are supposed to use them and there are instructions on the back making it super easy for beginners. I believe Wet and Wild is only available in Canada and the US so if you can get your hands on it I highly recommend it.
Half this palette includes bronze neutrals and the other half includes some fun green shades. The only thing that could make this palette better would be if it included a matte transition shade. On the left side I really like the rose gold eyelid shade and the dark shimmery brown definer. On the right I love the silvery-taupe browbone shade, it's my most used in this palette. I use it as an eyelid shadow as I think it's too dark to use on my browbone. I also like the green with gold shimmer. The definer could be considered a dupe for some high end shadows such as MAC Club. It's a duochrome blue reddish-brown.
Wet & Wild Comfort Zone Palette Swatches

Green Eyeshadow Look

Wet & Wild Comfort Zone Palette Eyeshadow Look
For this eyeshadow look I wanted to use some of the green shades. You can of course follow the directions on the back to create preset looks but I wanted to branch out a little. I wouldn't wear this as an everyday look but sometimes it's fun to wear colourful shadows.
I started by using my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk to create a white base for the eyeshadows. Then I took a matte transition shade from another palette and using a fluffy brush I put that in my crease and a bit higher. I used Naked 2 from the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette but you can use whatever works for you.
Wet & Wild Comfort Zone Palette Eyeshadow Look
I then took the green eyelid shade and put that directly on the middle of my eyelid making sure not to go into the crease. I left the first third and last third of my eyelid bare. I put the rose gold eyeshadow on the inner third of my eye. I then slowly built up the dark green crease shade on the outer third of my eye gently bringing it into my crease.
Wet & Wild Comfort Zone Palette Eyeshadow Look
Under my eye I followed the same pattern as my lid with the rose gold shade in the inner corner, the bright green in the middle and the dark green connecting to the outer corner. I finished the look by using a dark brown pencil liner to line my upper lashline (I used Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Crave). I then took a nude pencil liner from Rimmel and put that in my waterline. This is an important step because of the rose gold I used in my inner corner. Without it my eyes would look bloodshot. I put mascara on my top and bottom lashes and used the left browbone shade on my browbones.
Wet & Wild Comfort Zone Palette Eyeshadow Look

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment