The Best Ginger Cookie Recipe in the World





Welcome to the 12 Days of Blogmas - Day 7

Have I exaggerated the title? I don't think so. These Ginger Cookies have become what I'm known for in my family. I only make them around Christmas so they have become one of my holiday traditions. I have often given them as gifts and I've always gotten rave reviews so I thought it was about time I shared my recipe. These aren't health cookies as there's a lot of sugar involved, but boy are they yummy! I haven't converted the recipe so if you live in the UK or somewhere with a different measuring system you can try THIS website for the conversions.


What you'll need:


  • 3/4 cup margarine                                                  
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup molasses
  • 1 egg
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ground cloves
      • bowl of white granulated sugar

How to Make them:

Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a large bowl cream together the wet ingredients (the first four on the list). In a separate smaller bowl mix together the dry ingredients (remainder of the ingredients minus the white sugar) then stir them in with the creamed mixture. Once combined, roll the dough into little balls; roll the balls in a bowl of sugar. Then using a flat surface, I usually use the bottom of a cup, flatten the balls. I usually add a pinch of sugar to the top of the flattened cookie dough just to make them look nice. Bake for 10 minutes. Enjoy!

 In my totally biased opinion, these are the best cookies in the world! If you make them please let me know what you think! What are your favourite things to bake?

Remember to come back tomorrow for more of the 12 Days of Blogmas!

Leave a Comment

  1. I absolutely adore ginger cookies. These sound delicious.
    www.coleoftheball.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, they're my favourite kind of cookie! I tried a lot of different recipes before I found this one and I really believe it's the best!!

      Delete
  2. I must try them ! :)
    please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS


    ReplyDelete