June 2015 Favourites




This was a good month for makeup as I have a lot of favourites. We're getting into the summer months so I usually turn to long lasting (sweat-resistant) products and glowy skin.
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal- I'll start with my favourite product this month. I bought the small size of the Liquid Shimmering Skin Perfector but now I'm wishing I got the full size. I could literally bath in this stuff. It gives the most natural, lit from within glow that literally makes my heart skip a beat. It's probably the most gorgeous makeup item I own.

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette- This is one of my favourite palettes from one of my favourite brands. My brother's high school grad was this month and my dress was pink so this was obviously the perfect eyeshadow palette to complement it. I used the palette a lot this month in preparation as I was deciding on what look I was going to wear for the big night.

Tarte Park Ave Princess Palette-This palette has made it's way into my everyday use this month for a few reasons. I really like the highlight in this palette paired with my Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal. It's not too over powering to use on top of the Skin Perfector and it has a similar undertone. I've really been loving that combination this month. I've also been loving the bronzer as it's waterproof so it's long lasting for the summer heat. The blush is also beautiful and subtle for when my cheeks already have a natural summer blush.

Real Techniques Setting Brush- To go along with my last favourite, I've been using this brush a lot this month. As great as this brush is at setting under eye concealer, I really love using this brush to apply highlight. It can apply a soft amount directly where you want it.

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner in Intense Black- This is a great liquid eyeliner, I can see why so many people love it. The felt tip is really fine which makes it super easy to draw the perfect winged liner. The formula is also really long lasting and never smudges. The only thing I wish I could change about the formula is that it dries shiny instead of matte.

Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray- This is a total holy grail summer product for me. I just spray this on and it makes my makeup last all day, even in the summer heat.

Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Buttercream- This is the perfect summer moisturizer. The smell is so lovely and fresh. I'm totally addicted to it. The consistency is interesting as it almost feels more like a gel. It's squishy and jiggly for lack of any better words. It's not the most hydrating moisturizer but in the summer my skin is pretty good so I don't need the extra hydration.

Essie Lilacism- For my nail favourite this month, I've been loving Lilacism. Although Essie isn't my favourite nail polish brand for longevity, they do have the best colour selection at the drugstore. I really love this light purplish-blue colour.

Revlon ColorStay and Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge- My last favourite this month is a combination. I was kinda disappointed in both this foundation and sponge but it was only when I used them together that I fell in love. I always thought the foundation was a little too thick and cakey and the sponge didn't work well with some of the other foundations I used it with. But together the wet sponge really sheers out the foundation and blends it into the skin making my face look flawless. This is also the most long-lasting foundation I own so I'm glad I found a way to wear it.

Leave a Comment

  1. Loved this post, the Soap and Glory body cream sounds amazing! xx
    Chasing Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It really is amazing! You have to try it!

      Delete
  2. I need to try the Real Techniques sponge with the Revlon Colourstay foundation! I find it a bit heavy in the summer and I haven't found a foundation I like using the sponge with yet!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt exactly the same! I like that the sponge sheers out the foundation and makes it less heavy and cakey. It's still not my everyday summer foundation but in my opinion applying with the sponge makes it very wearable. I also got lots of complements on it :)

      Delete