L'Oreal La Palette Nude 2 Review




I couldn't help myself the other day when I was in the store and I saw this beauty. I've heard a lot of good things about the new palettes from L'Oreal and this purple themed palette was screaming to me so I just had to pick it up. I'm so happy to see drugstore brands coming out with full size palettes although they generally won't be as good as high end brands, I've been fairly impressed with what I've tried so far. At $30 it's hard to call this an affordable palette but the quality lives up to the price.
The packaging is sleek and doesn't feel cheap. It comes with a skinny mirror in it which is always good and fairly rare at the drugstore. There are also suggested looks on the back which is helpful for beginners. A double ended brush and applicator is also included with the palette. While sponge tip applicators and I have never gotten along, the brush side is small but actually fairly usable.


The palette includes 6 matte shadows and 4 satin. They all have a pink or purple undertone although there are enough bronze shades you could come up with a good bronzey smokey eye. I found the matte shadows were a little more impressive than the satin shadows. Maybe that's just because good matte shadows are hard to find at the drugstore. It is important to note that there are no shimmer shadows in this palette as the whole palette leans more toward the matte side. I never wear eyeshadow without a primer so I can't speak to how long-lasting these are. However, I didn't have a problem with fallout when using these shadows and while the colour payoff isn't immediately stunning they are very buildable.

Here's some swatches and my description of the shades. Unfortunately L'Oreal only gave them numbers 1-10 and not names.
1- Light Pink (satin)
2- Rose Gold (satin)
3- Pink Taupe (matte)
4- Cool Dark Brown (matte)
5- Silver/Brown Duo Chrome (satin)
6- Warm Dark Brown (matte)
7- Bronze (satin)
8- Pale Pink (matte)
9-  Purple (matte)
10- Dark Purple (matte)


I really like this palette. It's a nice change from the typical neutral palette but the shades are still very wearable. Overall an impressive drugstore palette. I think this is the perfect palette to complement Naked 3 and I'll be doing a post comparing them soon.

Leave a Comment

  1. Those colors look so good! Might have to pick this pallet up now! x

    http://passion-formakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm a sucker for rose or purple themed palettes!

      Delete