Disappointing Drugstore Products: Drugstore Week




Drugstore Week Continues! Today's post is Disappointing Drugstore Products. I always feel the need to preface disappointing product reviews with a disclaimer that just because I was disappointed with a product doesn't mean it's a bad product. My least favourite product could be someone's holy grail product. I also really love all of the brands I will be talking about today, even if some of their products were disappointing. I never want to insult anyone but I do want to provide honest reviews.

Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Stick in Make a Mauve
I received this in an Ipsy bag so I didn't get to choose the colour which may be my least favourite part of this blush. It's way to dark for my skin tone. I also don't like the chunks of glitter throughout.

Maybelline Brow Drama in Soft Brown
This is a decent tinted brow gel but I am not a fan of the huge circular brush applicator. It also has a tendency to clump and build up really easily. I had heard a lot of good things about this brow gel so I was expecting more. I gave this one to my mom and she seems to be making use of it.

Bourjois Aqua Blush in Nude
My main complaint about this liquid blush is that when you blend it in it with your fingers gets really clumpy, really quickly. It kind of pills (I don't know if anyone knows what I'm talking about so I included a picture). I think this could be better when used with the correct brush but I'm really put off by how easily it clumps. It's a unique formula so wanted this blush to be better.
It got clumpy when I tried to swatch it
L'Oreal Super Liner Duo Precision
I really wanted to like this liner more than I did. It's staying power is terrible. It flakes off almost immediately. It also has a shiny finish which is never my preference with liquid liners. The applicator is also kind of flimsy which makes it hard to draw a straight line.

Covergirl Eyeshadow in Shimmering Sands
This is probably a really good eyeshadow for beginners because it's not too pigmented and therefore very forgiving if you make a mistake. However I'm used to higher quality shadows so I find this trio quite frustrating. I also believe when Covergirl changed their packaging the formulation also changed. Correct me if I'm wrong. I was just not impressed.

Stay up to date with me by following me on:

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment