Best of 2014: Misc. - ❄ Blogmas




All this week I have been listing off my favourites of the year. For the last day of the series, here is what I consider to be the best miscellaneous products of the year. That means hair, nails, brushes etc.

2014's Best:

Brushes 
Foundation Brush- Zoeva 102 Silk Finish. This is the best foundation brush I've used. It blends in liquid foundation so easily and doesn't leave it streaky. It's also really soft.
Blush Brush- Zoeva 127 Luxe Sheer Cheek. This brush applies the perfect amount of product and the angled shape helps concentrate the colour where you want it.
Powder Brush- Zoeva 106 Powder Brush. This is a fairly large brush but it's soft and dusts a fine layer of powder evenly all over the face.
Bronzer Brush- Real Techniques Blush Brush. Although this is supposed to be a blush brush I find it works better in applying bronzer. It's big but tapered so it can apply bronzer all over or in specified areas.
Eyeliner Brush- Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush. This is a holy grail brush when it comes to applying gel liner.
Concealer Brush- Zoeva 142 Concealer Buffer. I only ever applied concealer with my fingers until I got this brush. It blends out concealer well making it look natural.
Blending Brush- Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush. This is a very large, round brush that I love to use without any product to blend out eyeshadow.
Eye Highlight Brush- (unknown). I have had this brush forever and use it everyday to apply highlighter to my inner corners and browbone, however I don't remember where it came from.
Crease Brush- 231 Luxe Petite Crease. This brush is perfect at applying eyeshadow directly in the crease.
Eyeshadow Brush- Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush. This is my favourite brush to apply eyeshadow on the lid. It's also tapered so it can be used to blend out around the lid.
Fluffy Eyeshadow Brush- MAC 217. This is one of my favourite eyeshadow brushes of all time. It can be used to apply eyeshadow to the eyelid, crease or blend it out.

Hair Products  
ShampooLush Big Sea Salt Shampoo. Once I got used to the idea, this became my favourite shampoo of the year. It smells really strong but doesn't linger. It lathers up really well and makes my hair really voluminous. I only use it once a week though because the salt can be harsh on my scalp.
Conditioning MaskBriogeo Don't Despair, Repair! I got this as a sample in my Ipsy bag but it's a great conditioning mask. It makes my hair feel thicker and more healthy.
Heat Protector- TRESemme Heat Tamer Spray. I love how evenly this sprays, it smells good and best of all it protects my hair from heat damage.
Dry Shampoo- Dove Invigorating Dry Shampoo. I have very fine hair so dry shampoo is a must on second day hair. I really like this dry shampoo as it leaves very little white residue, the scent is not too strong and it makes my hair look a lot less oily.
Leave in Conditioner- Sebastain Detangling Milk. I have been using this product for years. Since I have fine hair that tangles easily a leave in conditioner is really important. This one smells great and leaves my hair really shiny.
Hair Brush- Tangle Teezer. Once again because of my tangled fine hair I also need a special brush. This is like a miracle brush. It gets through tangles so easily and considerably reduces the time it takes to brush my hair.

Misc
Perfume – James and Elizabeth Nirvana White. I love this perfume and have worn it almost every single day since I got it. I'm terrible at describing the notes in perfumes but I can say it smells really good.
Nail Polish-  Pure Ice Taupe Drawer. This is such a cheap nail polish brand but it's really good. It's opaque, long lasting and this colour in particular is perfect for everyday.
Nail Base and Top Coats-Formula X the System. The system comes with 3 products a nail cleanser, a base coat and a top coat. When used together it can make your nail polish last over a week before chipping. 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment