Disappointing Products - ❄ Blogmas





 Later this month I'll be showing my favourite products of 2014 but before that I wanted to share a few products that haven't worked out for me. Obviously this is just my personal opinion. I wouldn't say these are necessarily bad products they're just not for me.

 There are lot of things I really love about this cleansing oil and I know it's a pretty popular product however it broke me out and dried out my skin. I like the concept of a cleansing oil and it removed eye makeup really well, however my skin felt really dry and stripped after using this product and after a few days of using it my skin broke out like crazy. I really wish this worked better for me.

 I could never get on board with the Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blushes. I have friends who love them but I am not a fan. I have the colour Peach Satin and it's beautiful and the texture is fun but I don't find it lasts long on my skin and it is a bit of a pain to blend. 

 This may be a controversial one but I don't get the hype with the Nyx Butter Glosses. I have the colour Creme Brulee and I find it goes on a little streaky. It smells delicious and it feels nice on the lips. I just expected more from something that was so hyped up. I think it's a below average gloss. Maybe other colours are better, and I'd be willing to try others if anyone has suggestions.

This was another product where I had a problem with patchy application. The colour is gorgeous and the advertised waterproof staying power of 12hrs is no exaggeration. That being said it doesn't apply evenly and due to the lasting power, there's no ability to blend it out. I have the colour Taupe.


 I had a phase where I preferred loose powders which is how I came across this product. I have two major problems with this powder. First it is scented enough to be a perfume. I could not handle that amount of scent on my face. I didn't stop sneezing until I washed it off. Second this would probably make a better highlighter than a face powder. The amount of shimmer in this powder is ridiculous. This was the final straw for me and CoverGirl. (You'll notice I almost never talk about CoverGirl products... here's why).

 If you've followed my blog for a while you'll know I love the Maybelline Color Tattoos unfortunately this one didn't work. This was from a limited edition nude collection. I love the colour but it is so clumpy and doesn't blend well at all. I think the picture says it all.

Leave a Comment

  1. The Maybelline blush looks pretty, shame you didn't get on with it though x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete