Glittery New Years Eve Look - ❄ Blogmas




In my opinion New Years Eve gives you the best excuse to wear glitter so I came up with a look that utilized a lot of glitter and the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. I got my inspiration for this look from a photo of Ashley Greene.
I started by using a fluffy brush and taking Pistol from the Naked 2 Palette and blending that in my crease and a little above. I then took my Zoeva Petit Crease Brush and Blackout and blended that directly into my crease. I continued using a combination of the two and blended them until I was happy with the look.
Next is the difficult part. Using a cream eyeshadow such as Maybelline's Tough as Taupe apply that heavily to your lid to act as a base for the glitter to stick to. I just used my finger to apply the glitter to my lids. Any silver glitter you have will do (I don't know where my glitter came from).
Using a pencil brush I took the Blackout shade on my lower lashline and then I blended Pistol right underneath.
I finished with the eyeshadow by using with Foxy from the Naked 2 palette as my browbone and inner corner highlight.
I used my Jordana FabuLiner to create a fine line close to the lashline. I used a nude pencil liner from Rimmel on my waterline and Maybelline's The Rocket Mascara on my top and bottom lashes to finish the look.
 I would pair this dramatic eye with nude lips. Pictured here is Nyx Retractable Liner in Nude, Maybelline's Blushing Beige Lipstick with Buxom's White Russian Lip Cream.
This is my last post for Blogmas 2014. I've really enjoyed blogging every weekday this December and I hope you've enjoyed reading. I will return to my regular Monday and Wednesday Posts so stay tuned!

Leave a Comment

  1. I've always wondered how people apply glitter without all that facial glue business! Such a good tip! Lovely look for NYE, Happy 2015! Would love it if you commented back http://cottonandcandie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I find I have no trouble with glitter fallout when I use a cream eyeshadow base and I certainly don't use glitter enough to invest in glue.
      Happy 2015!

      Delete